Intermediate BIM Designer & Team Lead (Toronto Office)
We are currently seeking an intermediate level CAD and BIM designer to join our drafting team. Ideally, the candidate will have 5 to 7 years of BIM modeling experience within the structural engineering field. The position will involve:
- Preparing and assembling structural drawing sets
- Generating and maintaining Revit models
- Modeling complex 3D geometry
- Coordinating with design engineers
- Coordinating models with other disciplines
- Participating in maintenance of library and templates
We are looking for someone with the strong organizational skills required to balance the demands of multiple projects. We also require someone with strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with colleagues. The successful candidate will also:
- Hold a Civil/Structural or Architectural Technician Certificate or Diploma
- Be technically proficient in Revit ( BIM 360, AutoCAD and Solidworks knowledge is considered an asset)
- Have the ability to work independently as well as within team settings
- Be a self starter
- Have knowledge of structural detailing and structural contract documents and their organization
- Have experience reviewing BIM execution plans
- Have experience providing support for others within the program
Blackwell offers a dynamic positive environment with great opportunities to grow and learn. A strongly motivated, technically capable individual will find many interesting opportunities and projects.
We offer competitive pay with scheduled annual increases. Our benefit plan includes medical, dental and disability. A group RRSP plan as well as a professional development allowance are also available.
E-mail your resume with a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an engineer and like what we do, send your CV for consideration to careers, and continue to check this page for opportunities.