Posting – Administrative and Accounting Assistant Job Description (Toronto Office)
Location: Toronto Office
The Administrative and Accounting Assistant is the first point of contact for clients visiting or calling in to the Blackwell office. Primary responsibilities include receptionist duties, administration, and facilitating much of the day to day operations of the office. Secondary responsibilities include assisting accounting department, engineering department and Principals with administrative tasks on projects and professional engagements.
- Reception and telephones:
- Answer phones, take messages, direct calls, book meetings and appointments
- Office operations:
- File paper project records
- Maintain and organize computer filing
- Dead filing (archiving of closed project files)
- Organize couriers, taxis, drawing and media printing
- Monitor and replenish office supplies (stationery, cleaning, food and kitchen supplies)
- Office maintenance:
- Maintain common areas: mini-kitchen, lounge, storage room, conference rooms.
- Office social functions:
- Coordinate Employee of the Month
- Annual office events: Organize seasonal staff parties, golf tournament, etc.
- Personal Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating Senior Principal’s meeting schedule
- Brief Principals on project proposals and assist in preparing fee proposals
- Act as point of contact and resource for administrative tasks to aid engineering department
- Retrieve and file expense receipts for company and engineer purchases
- File project expense backups into project folders
Required Software Experience:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Project and Time Management Software
- Adobe Creative Suite experience would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in related field
E-mail your resume with a letter of introduction to careers
If you are an engineer and like what we do, send your CV for consideration to careers, and continue to check this page for opportunities.