Posting – Residential Structural Designer
We are currently seeking an experienced engineer or technician for the design and review of small to medium residential projects. This position will involve:
- meeting with clients to establish the intent and scope of the project and the structural approach
- preparation of construction documents in the form of hand sketches or AutoCAD drawings
- review of construction and assistance in the development of remedial details as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- a degree or technologist diploma in civil/structural engineering
- an interest in residential wood frame construction.
- a history of strong academic performance in structural design courses
- a demonstrated conceptual understanding of structural behaviour
- an ability to work independantly.
- Basic skills in computers including AutoCAD
- good interpersonal skills required to communicate with contractors and clients
Strong preference will be given to a senior applicant with experience in wood frame residential design.
Blackwell offers a dynamic positive environment with great opportunities to grow and learn. A strongly motivated, technically capable individual will find many interesting opportunities and projects.
We offer competitive pay with scheduled annual increases. Our benefit plan includes medical, dental and disability. A group RRSP is also available.
E-mail your resume with a letter of introduction to careers
If you are an engineer and like what we do, send your CV for consideration to careers, and continue to check this page for opportunities.